Documentation | Installation Manual | System Requirements
Before installing Centova Cast, you should make sure that your server meets the following basic requirements.
Centova Cast supports the following operation systems:
- CentOS 4/5/6 (or equivalent RHEL release)
- Debian Stable
Other operating systems based on CentOS or Debian should (in theory) work with Centova Cast, but are untested and officially unsupported.
You must have a working MySQL v4.1 or MySQL v5.0, v5.1, or v5.5 database server either installed on your server, or accessible over the network.
Supported streaming servers include:
- SHOUTcast DNAS v2.0
- SHOUTcast DNAS v1.9.8
- IceCast v2.x
Note that the installer can download and install SHOUTcast DNAS v1/2 and IceCast for you automatically.
Supported streaming sources (also sometimes referred to as "autoDJ" software) include:
- sc_trans 2.0 [SHOUTcast only]
- sc_trans 0.4 [SHOUTcast only]
- ices-cc v0.4.1 [SHOUTcast / IceCast]
- ices v2 [IceCast only]
- ices v0.4 [SHOUTcast / IceCast]
- ezstream 0.4 [IceCast only]
Note that the installer can download and install sc_trans v0.4/2.0 or (in most cases) ices-cc for you automatically.
Centova Cast's installer can automatically use yum (on CentOS-based distributions) or apt (on Debian-based distributions) to install necessary packages prior to installation. Accordingly, a working yum or apt installation is required.
The GNU C compiler (gcc) is required for installation. A scheduled task (cron job) must be configured for Centova Cast.
Centova Cast requires at least one IP address for its control panel and any hosted streams.
- This IP address must not have another web server on port 80 if you wish to use Centova Cast's port 80 proxy.
- This IP address must not have another FTP server on port 21 if you wish to use Centova Cast's built-in FTP server to allow users to upload media.