Documentation | Installation Manual | System Requirements
Before installing Centova Cast, you should make sure that your server meets the following basic requirements.
Centova Cast supports the following operation systems:
- CentOS 5, 6, or 7 (or equivalent RHEL release)
- Debian Stable
Other operating systems based on CentOS or Debian should (in theory) work with Centova Cast, but are untested and officially unsupported.
You must have a working MySQL v4.1, v5.0, v5.1, v5.5, or v5.6 database server (or any equivalent MariaDB database server version) either installed on your server, or accessible over the network.
Supported streaming servers include:
- SHOUTcast DNAS v2.x
- SHOUTcast DNAS v1.9.8
- IceCast v2.x
Note that the installer can download and install SHOUTcast DNAS v1/2 and IceCast for you automatically.
Supported streaming sources (also sometimes referred to as "autoDJ" software) include:
- liquidsoap v1.1 [SHOUTcast / IceCast]
- ices-cc v0.4.1 [SHOUTcast / IceCast]
- sc_trans 2.0 [SHOUTcast only]
- ices v2 [IceCast only]
- ices v0.4 [SHOUTcast / IceCast]
- sc_trans 0.4 [SHOUTcast only]
- ezstream 0.4 [IceCast only]
Note that the installer can download and install sc_trans v0.4/2.0 or (in most cases) ices-cc for you automatically.
Centova Cast's installer can automatically use yum (on CentOS-based distributions) or apt (on Debian-based distributions) to install necessary packages prior to installation. Accordingly, a working yum or apt installation is required.
The GNU C compiler (gcc) is required for installation. A scheduled task (cron job) must be configured for Centova Cast.
Centova Cast requires at least one IP address for its control panel and any hosted streams.
- This IP address must not have another web server on port 80 if you wish to use Centova Cast's port 80 proxy.
- This IP address must not have another FTP server on port 21 if you wish to use Centova Cast's built-in FTP server to allow users to upload media.